Learning to Eat Mindfully For Weight Loss and Health Wellness
This article is designed to help you discover what mindful eating is all about, how it can help you with weight loss and help keep your weight down. If you need to lose weight, your pattern of eating may be the cause of weight gain.
But first, why am I talking about eating mindfully anyway?
In the modern world we eat for convenience rather than for nutrition. Our lives are high speed and we are constantly on the go. We eat for instant gratification of not missing a meal rather than long-term health benefits. Can you imagine learning a new way of slow eating in which you actually get to experience the tastes and textures of your food rather than wolfing it down in a hurry or snacking on the go? As a Health Coach, I help you to learn to slow down and eat mindfully! I can help you to see the food you eat as medicine that not only nourishes your whole system, but also tastes delicious! The best part, this actually helps lose weight.
So what is mindful eating?
Mindful eating means taking the time to honor your food by choosing high quality, organic food, preparing it with care and eating it slowly and mindfully using your five senses to really enjoy it. It means allocating quiet time to prepare and enjoy eating your meal without rushing or multitasking at the same time.
Mindful eating is a way of saying to yourself: “I respect my body enough to be mindful of what I put into it and of the way I eat.” Think of this type of eating as a meditation. It means choosing to be present with your food and the way you eat it. By not recognizing the benefits of Mindful Eating, your eating patterns can potentially lead to Binge Eating or Feeling Distressed . If you are eating something, you should be enjoying it, right?
My clients find that eating mindfully helps:
- Sense intuitively when you are full
- Gain way more satisfaction from eating
- Develop a healthy relationship with food
- See food as medicine
- Discover new tastes and textures
- Improve digestion (less gas and bloating)
- Regulate bowel movement
- Discover food sensitivities
- Create healthy habits that enliven you
How will I know if it’s time for me to learn to eat mindfully?
Glad you asked!
It’s time for you to practice mindful eating if you answer “YES” to any of these questions:
- You get bloated after eating
- You scoff down your food like there is no tomorrow
- You eat just to feel full not to enjoy the tastes
- You eat to numb out
- You want to learn to enjoy healthy food
- You feel bloated easily
- You gain weight easily
- You crave sugar or starchy foods
- You have difficulty focusing or foggy brain
- You feel lethargic after eating
- You have allergies or hay fever
- You feel addicted to eating foods that aren’t healthy for you but you can’t stop
- You tend to gain weight easily, especially in your belly
- You have extra pounds that won’t come off with diet and exercise
What do I do now?
In my health coaching practice, I help clients discover what triggers them to overeat or binge eat. Then I lead them through a step-by-step process to learn how to eat mindfully and to learn what to eat for their unique body type.
If you answered “YES” to any of the symptoms above, then click Vivante Weight Loss And Health now to schedule a time to talk with me about how you can learn to eat mindfully. I’ll help you understand what’s blocking you from eating mindfully and I’ll show you how to get started.
To your health!
To learn more about our programs, call today for a free consultation with no obligation. Our clinic is located on the Westside of Albuquerque at 6911 Taylor Ranch Rd Ste C4. Let us help you explore weight loss options, and longevity.
You can also email us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 505-433-2674.
Find Us Here:
On Facebook: vivanteweightlossabq
On Google: Vivante Weight Loss And Health
On The Web: Vivante Weight Loss And Health